Chen Lom Tibetan Medicinal Heating Pad
Chen Lhom is an external heating therapy that has been used by Tibetan doctors for more than four thousand years. It involves wrapping the symptomatic body part with a heated pad filled with specific herbs, proportioned for maximum healing benefit.
Useful for the following:
- Arthritis pain (in all major and minor joints of the body including the hips, knees, ankles, wrists, and all regions of the back)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Abdominal pain
- Menstrual pain/cramps
- Post labor pain
- “Frozen Shoulder” or pain that worsens in cold or damp climates
- General stress and fatigue
- White barley
- Caraway seeds
- The external bag is made of cotton flannel and inner bag is 100% cotton muslin.
Cover designs vary, we'll choose one for you.
- Microwave the inner (muslin) bag for 3-4 minutes.
- Take the heated bag out from the microwave. Note, it may feel a little damp, this is okay.
- Shake the bag to mix up the ingredients. Place muslin bag into the flannel cover bag.
- Apply directly to the body if the temperature is tolerable. If it feels too hot, you may place a towel between the pad and your skin.
- If the heating pad needs to be reheated on the same day of use, then you can reheat in the microwave for another 2-3 minutes. Take out of the flannel cover before reheating.
Care for the Tibetan Medicinal Heating Pad:
- Do not overheat and do not heat the flannel bag. Always remove the flannel cover before placing in the microwave.
- The flannel cover can be washed, but do not wash the herbal bag.
- Store it in a cool and dry area in a sealed plastic bag to prevent mold from developing.
Although the Tibetan Medicinal Heating Pad has many health benefits, it is contraindicated for these conditions:
- People who have very sensitive or easily bruised skin
- People who bleed easily
- People with cancer, diabetes, or chronic heart conditions
- Pregnant woman